Every year the Val di Zoldo attracts thousands of tourists on account of its beautiful landscape and its high level of tourist accommodation on offer, making it one of the most visited places in both summer and winter.
Zoppè, at 1426 m, lies in a beautiful panoramic position on the slopes of the Pelmo, beside Col Duro, which divides Zoppè from the area of the Forcella Cibiana. They say it was some people from Zoppè who paved the way for the ice cream makers from Zoldo, having already learnt the art started by some Cadore inhabitants. They were called by them to go and work in Vienna and they in turn learnt the secrets of the trade to the point of setting themselves up in their own right. By the end of the 19th century dozens of ice cream carts could be seen on the streets of the Hapsburg capital. The church of Saint Anne built in 1530, was extended in 1732 and consecrated five years later. It has a very moving painting of the Virgin Mary and child with Saint Anne between Saint Paul and Saint Girolamo. The altar-piece is attributed to Tiziano Vecellio or his pupils, and on several occasions was saved from the pillage of invaders by the inhabitants of Zoppè. There is also some art work in wood by De Lotto, Angelo Gamba Zampol and Dante Moro. There are two great artists belonging to the last century who are very closely linked to Zoppè: Masi Simonetti and Fiorenzo Tomea. Whilst being very different in style, they found in the countryside around Zoppè, Monte Pelmo and surroundings, a very strong attraction which inspired them in their painting of the land of their origin.
Located on a south facing slope, Fornesighe (1000m) enjoys Dolomites views over the Tamer San Sebastiano group and Spiz di Mezzodì, a northern ramification of the Bellunesi Dolomites National Park.
Wandering through the lanes which wind between the cottages,one gets the feeling of living in the past in this little village of Val di Zoldo. Fornesighe still offers architectural examples from the past which have been magically preserved here, it is amazing that in the past fires have not destroyed these old stone and wooden houses which have been able to maintain their original state.
Coi has the remarkable Rizzardini house, an imposing building in a village consisting mainly of rustic buildings; one of the frescoes on its exterior dates back to 1713. Along the road from Coi to Maresòn the two Rizzardini mills, existing prior to 1634, were still working in 1946. The Piva mill is also interesting with its large wooden wheel and was active from 1948 until the 70s.
Brusadaz has the old Costa mill, perhaps amongst those mentioned in a document of 1693. Outside the village are the remains of the San Pellegrino mine and especially the old Da Dòf mine whose entrance is still visible.
From the relaxing and welcoming village of Costa is possible to reach one of the most ancient Val di Zoldo haylofts (tabià): the Mas di Sabe, which dates back to the XVI Century, still in perfect condition and surrounded by a green and scented glade.
Discover the path "Giro dei Mas".
Fusine has undoubtedly its most important building in the church, documented for the first time in 1570 and rebuilt in 1909; the external fresco, has a wooden crucifix by Andrea Brustolon. Just outside of the village it is possible to reach the remains of one of the many forges which are testimony to the blacksmiths’ activity typical of the Zoldo Valley.
Pianaz has the precious frescoes of the Colussi-David house (1662 Virgin Mary with Saint Anthony and Saint Oswald) and the Colussi- Manét house (family tree with Saint Rocco and Saint Anthony, crucifixion and Virgin Mary with child and saints).
Mareson is home to the church of Saint Valentine (1482) which has an altar of the Holy Cross by Andrea Brustolon inside, while the exterior is frescoed with an image of the holy patron saint.